& BEHAVIOUR CONSULTATION
A relationship-based approach to your dogs learning and behaviour
Good training needs a kind heart as well as a cool and well informed head
– Konrad Most
We can help with:
- Preparing Owners for a Puppies arrival
- Training for new puppies – starting from 8 weeks of age
- Training to elevate your dog’s skills to the next level
- Behaviour modification of existing nuisance or problem behaviours
- Tailored training programs to help with specific requirements
Together, we’ll create clear communication channels between you and your dog, and provide a rewarding training experience for all involved.
Our approach to Individual training Programs:
- Is tailored to suit the needs of you and your dog
- Can take place at home, in an appropriate public space or via a virtual training session
- Is conducted at a pace both you and your dog are comfortable with
- Gives you the tools and skills to support and maintain positive behaviour in your dog
- Helps to build and maintain a healthy relationship between you and your dog
Dog trainers and behaviour consultants can be extremely helpful but they aren’t magicians. Guiding, supporting, motivating and maintaining your dog to be the best version of themselves can take time, effort and patience on your behalf. For your dog’s success, it’s essential to keep up training and consistency outside of formal sessions and into the future. This way the important skills you learn will become second nature and true progress will be made.
Training for puppies
When it comes to training your dog, starting as early as possible is ideal. Young dogs are keen to learn, and training your puppy right from the beginning is an important part of giving them the best start possible.
Training a puppy is a bit like building a house.
Well, just as the designing, engineering and initial foundations have a major impact on the end result of the house, training puppies is all about building good quality foundations for future success and stability. Building up younger dogs the right way will give them skills to learn efficiently, build trust, develop healthy coping mechanisms and live out each day to the max. You can take comfort in knowing our approach to training is nationally accredited – we work across all age groups too, from puppies through critical periods of development, right up to older dogs well into their senior years.
- Establish 10 puppy obedience skills
- Puppy-proof your home
- Communicate well with your puppy
- Nurture a great relationship
- Set realistic goals
- Encourage safe play
- Positively socialize & expose your puppy to new things
- Use rewards in your training
- Use hands-on training methods with puppies
- Navigate problem puppy behaviours
- Successfully toilet and crate train
- Establish rules and boundaries in the home
- Encourage essential good manners
- Establish leash skills
- + so much more…..
Addressing problem behaviour
- Excessive Barking & Vocalisation
- Resource guarding
- Chasing/stalking things
- Jumping up
- Inappropriate elimination
- Fearful behaviours
- Reactivity or Aggressive behaviours
- Tailor a conditioning or training programme to most effectively meet the needs of you and your dog in a positive way
- Provide guidance at a pace that is comfortable and sensitive to the progress of your dog
- Agree on the best strategy which is fitting for the abilities of both you and your dog
- Nurture and support clear ongoing communication between you and your dog
- Give you the skills to build and maintain a positive relationship with your dog
- Provide honest and trusted advice with your dog’s best interests at heart
- Provide ongoing support and consultation in person or online
Intermediate and Advanced skills
We can provide both intermediate and advanced training to move onto when you are ready to keep developing your dogs skill set.
Train with us, and you’ll benefit from our professional, accredited advice and ongoing support throughout your program.